Awning Canvas Care Instructions
To obtain maximum life from outdoor products incorporating Bradmill canvas, the following points should be noted:
- Keep fabric clean by brushing dry fabric regularly with a soft brush/broom. Hose occasionally with cold water, but do not combine the actions of brushing and hosing as this may abrade coating and impart a scuffed appearance to the fabric once dry.
- Do not apply soaps, detergents, cleaning fluids or insecticides
- Keep petrol, solvents, kerosene and other similar fluids away from the fabric
- Do not allow bird droppings, earth, sand or vegetable matter to remain in contact with the fabric
- Ensure that the canvas is thoroughly dry before putting away
- Should mildew spots appear, brush them off before they become attached
- Persistent mould or mildew growth should be treated with White King® solution, strictly in accordance with the instructions outlined in our Canvas Care document (download here).
- To ensure that water repellency is fully retained after canvas has endured continuous outdoor exposure or been cleaned extensively, the canvas should be reproofed with a water repellent compound. Bradmill Outdoor Fabrics’ water based BrellaProof® and BrellaGuard® reproofing compounds are recommended for this purpose. Application of BradProof® will impart water proofing and fungal resistance whilst application of BrellaGuard® will impart water and oil repellency. Please note: BrellaGuard® dries clear and application will therefore not change shade. BradProof® however dries to a slightly milky colour and application may affect fabric appearance.
Our full Awning Canvas Care instructions are available here.